Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Jonesboro? Generally, you have three major regions of the home for video surveillance: your front door, the outside perimeter, and select interior spaces. Although your security installer can suggest where you should install, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Make Sure To Protect Your Front Entryway
Although it might seem absurd that an intruder would try to just stroll through primary entrance, 34% of intrusions occur at this obvious access point. There are also porch pirates among other dangers to think about. A doorbell camera is perfect to tackle these worries with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Doorbell cameras are even more beneficial as you can speak with people who come and engage the doorbell. Through your security app, like ADT Control, you can respond to each instance with 2-way talk and live feeds and look like you’re home. Then if a visitor attempts something nefarious, you can have your video doorbell instantly document the event on video and send it to your cell phone with a text message.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Outdoor Video Surveillance
Figuring out where to place home security cameras outside your residence is often a difficult task. Fortunately, there are some useful recommendations to greatly increase the likelihood that you’re safeguarded appropriately.
- Cameras at the corners of your Jonesboro home provide a better sightline, as you can see two parts of your exterior.
- Just below an overhanging eave or into a length of trim or siding are excellent options for cameras as they will be partly obscured by blending into your gutterline.
- Above your garage, since the garage door is an easier access point for burglars than you’d think!
- Over a deck or back door -- or any entrance not visible from the street.
To make sure these locations are successful, make sure you trim away any brush and branches that could obscure your ability to see clearly.
Tips For Getting The Most From Your Indoor Cameras
You have more options on where to place home security cameras within your residence in Jonesboro. However, the added versatility does mean there are other installation variables to consider:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: Although it’s wise to make sure your windows are down and latched, the natural light from a window can cause glare and affect your camera’s video feed. Point the lens away from any direct views of windows to circumvent this issue.
- Use Your Height Advantage: In the same fashion as an observation deck, a video camera located in a high place will produce a wider field of vision. Consider putting your cameras at the top of bookcases or affixed to the ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your camera won’t have the chance to defend your property if it’s broken. Set your indoor units in locations where little ones and house pets have no ability to tamper with them. You might consider mounting or another means of securing them to make sure they don’t fall if inadvertently knocked into.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The best surveillance system will fail to be of much use if you’ve got a decorative item or plant obstructing the field of vision. But it’s important to note, interior decor and plant life may be a perfect way to hide your surveillance installation. Just ensure they don’t obscure the lens!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and additional security components, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the perfect system for your complete residence -- protecting every inch. Dial (870) 705-5022 or complete the following form to arrange a consultation.