How Can Geofencing In Jonesboro Integrate With Home Security?
The latest smart security solutions are becoming more capable every year. Even so, it doesn't take much to forget to perform basic security chores like turning on your a home security system, closing the garage, or even securing your front door.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to concern yourself with these things ever again? With geofencing in Jonesboro, you can simply leave the driveway and have your home security system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Jonesboro For Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual border a set distance from your property, which you are able to arrange in your smart security app. This convenient tool then utilizes your phone to see when you go beyond the border and then puts in motion pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart implements utilize to communicate with each other. This innovative approach aids your security system by grouping all devices onto the same network. You are then able to set up a unique boundary along the perimeter of your house and assign the specific actions you want to occur when you cross the boundary.
For instance, when you leave your premises, you could program your security system to engage door locks, lower the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you come back home, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disengage the alarm, elevate the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
Here are a handful of the devices you can control with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Electronic devices such as speakers or TVs
● Garage door sensors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are All Possible With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is just one way you can utilize your property’s security system in Jonesboro. With the security app, you can reap the benefits of home automation. With just a few taps of a button, and you have the opportunity to:
● Set schedules: program your smart components to operate at the times of your choice. Instruct your lighting to dim to indicate that it's bedtime, or disengage your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Manage how devices interact: Make certain devices activate in response to a triggered event. Have your thermostat activate the fan when the CO detector trips. Or illuminate your smart bulb in the hallway if your surveillance system senses abnormal activity in the yard.
● Customize scenes: Make scenes featuring various devices that function in unison. Have your lights switch off, the A/C go down, and the smart door locks bolt at the end of the day. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with the right light and temperature adjustments.
● Geofence your security: You may not always remember to enable your alarm as you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing technology and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and lower the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Jonesboro
Whether you desire added peace-of-mind of a completely secure residence whenever you drive away or you want to automate your smart home technology, geofencing will make things easier. Contact one of our knowledgeable team members today at (870) 705-5022 or send in the following form to start designing your optimal security system.